Once considered solely a tool of online communities and having a strong association with abuse by the criminal underworld, these assets are now mainstream and are being used by businesses across the globe.
Understanding these terms still remains a challenge for many, particularly those working in financial services who may have clients working with these currencies and assets or take them as payment methods.
This course will provide clarity around the range of terms used, the key features of these devices, the risks associated with them and also how they might be used as a control mechanism.
- Discover how the relationship between financial services and technology has evolved over time
- Understand the benefits of Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT)
- Explore what blockchain means and how they are used
- Learn about cryptocurrencies, Fiat currencies and the key features of Bitcoin
- Understand the risks associated with cryptocurrencies and how technology can be used to reduce financial crime
Who is it for?
This course is designed for:
- Compliance professionals involved with or new to assessing and managing financial crime risks associated with crypto assets
- Those familiar with crypto assets who need an understanding of financial crime and the vulnerabilities of crypto assets
- Crypto asset or other FinTech innovators who need an understanding of financial crime and the boundaries of regulation
- Anyone wishing to gain knowledge, or recap their existing knowledge, of crypto assets either on their own or in connection with their role in financial crime.
- Self-paced online (you will have access to the course for 3 months)
- End of course quiz to test your understanding
- Downloadable certificate of completion